- our experts
- Student Sphere
- Hotel & Travel
Barcelona is one of Europe's best-known and most visited cities, with an estimated twelve million visitors per year.
Barcelona is well-known for its world-class football team, stunning architecture, vibrant nightlife, sandy beaches, and world-class cuisine. Not to mention a thriving cultural heritage and vibrant neighbourhood festivals that draw visitors from all over the world.
Barcelona is Spain's capital and the country's second most populous city, with 1.6 million residents, ranking it seventh in the European Union after Paris, London, Madrid, the Ruhr area, Berlin, and Milan.
It is one of the world's most important tourist, economic, trade fair, and cultural centres, and its influence in commerce, education, entertainment, media, fashion, science, and the arts all contribute to its status as a major global city. It is a significant cultural and economic centre in southwestern Europe, ranked 24th in the world (before Zürich and after Frankfurt), and a significant financial centre.
20 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Barcelona:
• Basílica de la Sagrada Família
• Barri Gòtic (Gothic Quarter)
• Casa Milà (La Pedrera)
• La Rambla: Barcelona's Social Hub
• Bogatell Beach
• Palau de la Música Catalana (Palace of Catalan Music)
• Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia
• Parc Güell: Gaudí's Surrealist Park
• Casa Batlló
• Museu Picasso de Barcelona
• Plaça del Rei
• Camp Nou
• Magic Fountain of Montjuïc
• Scenic Views and Art Museums in Montjuïc
• La Barceloneta
• Reial Monestir de Santa Maria de Pedralbes
• Mercat de la Boqueria
• Fundació Joan Miró
• Parc del Laberint
• Quadrat d'Or